Come on a performance journey with purplepatch
Get access to the same triathlon training programs, education and guidance purplepatch (Matt Dixon) has used to secure over 75 Ironman/Ironman 70.3 podium finishes for the purplepatch professional athletes in the past two years.
The purplepatch guided training plans are designed to provide a complete solution to your training, racing and performance needs. The purplepatch guided training program is built around the purplepatch pillars of performance that set up the opportunity for maximal success for all levels of athlete. Once you begin your plan, you become a part of the purplepatch family of athletes, and will gain ongoing guidance, feedback and support directly from Matt Dixon and the purplepatch team throughout your training and racing journey. These guided programs are the perfect plans for a set, specific race build, however, if you are looking for a season long approach, check-out our virtual training squad.
What events can I train for ?
You can train with purplepatch for any IRONMAN, HALF IRONMAN or OLYMPIC DISTANCE event! Your plan will be tailored to your race day, and the guidance, feedback and education will help you prepare specifically for your event. Remember, this is more than a plan, and the ongoing resources, community and feedback from Matt Dixon and the team can help you get ready for any race in the world of triathlon. New for 2014 are "Race Specific Programs" see below for more details.
If you'd like a longer training build into your race than these 12 or 14 week plans offer, we recommend joining the virtual training squad, for the duration, whether that is 5 months or 12 months.
The purplepatch guided training plan includes, for the duration of your program you will have access the purplepatch athletes portal (Portal landing page, Forum, Plan Support and FAQ, and more), including:
Progressive Training Plan
- Specificity: Specific progressive workouts based on your race distance or key events
- Tailored Training: Different plan levels based on intensity, time availability and training load
- Guidance: Every week of training comes with a Weekly Video Overview from Matt Dixon on how to approach the week, focus of the main sessions and other education
Support and Feedback
- Meetings with Matt: Weekly (group) video chat with Matt Dixon, where you can ask questions on your plan, training progression or any performance topic of interest.
- Plan support: Dedicated plan-support for purplepatch athletes, where you can ask questions about your training and plan.
- Coaches Bulletin: An educational weekly bulletin by Matt Dixon, reviewing recent questions asked by current athletes, Matt’s thoughts about training and any athlete-specific news you might need to hear
- Education stream and library: You will be sent a stream of plan and performance specific podcasts, videos and resources to help you prepare for and gain a deeper understanding of your event and performance.
Community and Accountability
- Benchmark and tracking: We will help you set training zones, record your results and provide feedback on your progression
- Athlete connections: Join our athlete community page and connect with other athletes prepping for events, gaining support, camaraderie and advice.
Race Specific Programs
For 2014 we have chosen some specific races that we have designed race-specific programs for. This special programs are designed specifically for your chosen race, and have training, education and feedback built specifically for the demands, conditions and specifics of that event. You will become part of the event-specific community of purplepatch trained athletes getting ready for your event, and we will help connect you and ensure your journey is filled with fun, community and highly specific preparation. Key events for 2014: We have built special training programs for our flagship races on the 2014 calendar. These programs are designed specifically for your chosen race, and have training, education and feedback built specifically for the demands, conditions and specifics of each race course. Ensure your journey is filled with fun, community and highly specific preparation. Sign up for our Race Specific Plans (see calendar below).
- Half Ironman Plan: $499
- Ironman: $649
|Race (click Name to sign-up)||Race Date||Training Starts|
|IRONMAN 70.3 Mont Tremblant||Jun 22, 2014||Mar 31, 2014|
|IRONMAN Euro Championship (Frankfurt)||Jul 6, 2014||Mar 31, 2014|
|IRONMAN Canada||Jul 27, 2014||Apr 21, 2014|
|IRONMAN Mont Tremblant||Aug 17, 2014||May 12, 2014|
|IRONMAN Louisville||Aug 24, 2014||May 19, 2014|
|IRONMAN 70.3 World Championship (Mont Tremblant)||Sep 7, 2014||Jun 16, 2014|
|IRONMAN Lake Tahoe||Sep 21, 2014||Jun 16, 2014|
|IRONMAN World Championship (Kona)||Oct 11, 2014||Jul 7, 2014|
|IRONMAN Florida||Nov 1, 2014||Jul 28, 2014|
|IRONMAN Arizona||Nov 15, 2014||Aug 11, 2014|
|IRONMAN Cozumel||Nov 30, 2014||Aug 25, 2014|