What it's all About
We are excited to announce the 7th Edition of our highly desirable Winter Triathlon Empowerment Camp. For the past 6 years, this sold out immersive camp has been based at the Mauna Lani Hotel and Bungalows on the spectacular island of Kona.
As with all purplepatch camps and programs, your balanced training schedule will be designed and led by Matt Dixon, with the expert support of Paul Buick and Gerry Rodrigues (www.tower26.com). Much more than a simply opportunity to escape to the sunshine for training, this immersive experience centering around the purplepatch pillars of performance provide an equal balance of education, skill development and training in all disciplines of triathlon.
The beautiful Mauna Lani property sets the stage for a memorable camp experience. Throughout the week you will have an opportunity to swim in the Pacific, ride your bike and run on the IM World Championships course. Our team of experienced coaches and support staff will be there to guide your every step.
If you are interested in a memorable education and training experience, do not hesitate to register immediately.
Professional Hands-On Coaching
purplepatch assistant coach and cycling expert will oversee your cycling education and will work with you on fit, posture and bike technique. Paul is an integral part of the purplepatch coaching program, and works with the entire purplepatch pro squad on fits, programming and cycling technique.
- Gerry Rodrigues
Tower 26 founder and coach. Gerry's passion for coaching and swimming will make you a faster swimmer and better athlete. Gerry is a long time friend and mentor of Matt Dixon, and has coached some of the best open water swimmers and triathletes in the World. As a former open water World Champion, he brings extensive coaching and racing experience to triathlete’s of all levels.
You will be busy from morning till night with a highly structured schedule, but one that will include some “down time” to rest and recharge. A detailed agenda will be provided in January, but here is what the camp will encompass:
- Education: We will cover a wide range of key educational concepts--including the all important and too often overlooked nutrition and recovery requirements for triathletes, permitting you to leave a little fitter and stronger, as well as empowered to make smart training decisions on your own.
- Skills: We will coach you in the technical elements of the relevant sports of triathlon: swimming techniques and open water skills; cycling climbing, descending and time trial techniques; and running drills and pacing.
- Training: We will be with you to guide and coach you through epic cycling on the IRONMAN World Championship’s course, as well as during your swimming and running training.
- Personal Touch: We will leave selective “open” time for you to meet with and work with the coaches in small groups or as individuals.
- Special Something: If our past Kona camps are a predictor, you will bond with your teammates and leave with magical memories of a truly unique Kona purplepatch triathlon training experience.
We have arranged with the Mauna Lani Hotel and Bungalows for a mix of different types of rooms at a range of discounted prices starting around $250 a night. Not only can you attend camp, but you can make a vacation out of the trip on either side of the camp.