What it's all About
For the third spring in a row, purplepatch fitness is offering its highly desirable three-day Mini Triathlon Training Camp. With a Headquarters located just North of the Golden Gate Bridge, you will swim in a world-class pool, ride on the magnificent roads and hills of Marin County, and run along the San Francisco Bay trails.
Following the format of the highly desirable 5-day, Winter Triathlon Empowerment Camp in Kona, this weekend camp will have a compressed and balanced training schedule designed by Matt Dixon, Head Coach purplepatch fitness. Based on thepurplepatch Pillars of Performance, you will receive education, skill development and training in all disciplines of triathlon, along with attention to nutrition and more. Paul Buick, purplepatch’s Kiwi cycling expert and incredible resource for equipment, fitting and posture advice, as well as unmatched with his coaching skills, will join Matt.
With our team of experienced coaches and support staff there to guide your every step of the weekend, the stage will be set for a magical experience for a dozen or so triathletes.
If you are ready to take your triathlon races to the next level, don’t delay! This camp will sell out!
Professional Hands-On Coaching
purplepatch assistant coach and cycling expert will oversee your cycling education and will work with you on fit, posture and bike technique. Paul is an integral part of the purplepatch coaching program, and works with the entire purplepatch pro squad on fits, programming and cycling technique.
- Michael Olzinski
- Kelli McMaster
You will be busy from morning till night with a highly structured schedule that allows a great belnd of training, education, skills and fun. A detailed agenda will be provided in March, but the camp will broadly encompass:
- Education: We will cover a wide range of key educational concepts including the all important and too often overlooked nutrition and recovery requirements for triathletes, as with all of our camp you will leave a little fiitter and stronger, but more importantly more empowered to make smart training decisions on your own.
- Skills: We will coach you in the technical elements of the relevant sports of triathlon: swimming techniques; cycling climbing, descending and time trial techniques, running drills and pacing. In addition proper functional strength exercises for endurance athletes will be covered.
- Training: The team of world class coaches will guide and coach you through epic swimming, cycling and running sessions.
- Special Something: If our past camps are a predictor, you will bond with your teammates and leave with magical memories of a truly unique purplepatch triathlon training experience.
- Light breakfast available at host hotel all morningsWe will also provide fruit, water and coffee for those athletes not staying at the host hotel.
- Lunch on Friday and Saturday
- SAG for all rides
- Daily athlete fuel provided for all sessionsFuel includes: fruit, water, energy bars, gels, etc.
- purplepatch fitness camp swag bag of goodies
- Small group breakout coaching sessions with even more personal attention
Camp is capped at 17 athletes, sign-up soon!