Matt Dixon has completely transformed my approach to training and racing. He has helped me evolve my training and become smarter about the way that I approach all components, many of which I used to find easy to ignore. Matt came at a perfect point in my career.
What it's all About
We have taken great care in evaluating what athletes truly need to be successful in their performance journey. Some of the elements we believe are critical are training plans that can be integrated into life and tailored to your level and needs, ongoing guidance and support, and ongoing education to empower you to be able to make smart training decisions. Typically, athlete’s have had to rely on local individual coaches to gain such tailored plans, but now you can enjoy all the personalization and specificity from purplepatch, with this souped up training solution. The Performance Coaching Package is ideal for:
- A self-sustaining athlete who is eager to maximize their training investment
- An athlete who doesn’t require too much direct feedback and consultations with an individual coach
- Has a relatively stable training schedule and availability
- All performance levels, but some triathlon training and racing experience is preferred
We have now offered this unique training solution for several years, and it has always delivered several IRONMAN and IRONMAN champions and age group winners, including multiple amateur World Championship titles. It is a special purplepatch coaching solution at a great rate.
- On-Boarding call with a purplepatch Coach
- Planning and Training
- Personal Season Roadmap for Training and RacesYour season roadmap highlights your races, training focus and other key details of your purplepatch journey
- Anti generic training plan built into your life scheduleYour training plan is tailored to integrate into your life schedule, and is mapped toward your racing goals. All workouts are written by Matt Dixon, and you enjoy unlimited schedule adaptations to your program
- Integrated Functional Strength ProgramOur season-long strength program was custom designed by Dr. John Ball and Matt Dixon to fit the specific demands of triathletes
- Training Zone Assessment and PrescriptionEarly in your training journey you will complete field test to establish specific training intensities, delivered in power/pace, heart rate and RPE (rate of perceived exertion). Field tests include a 20 minute time trial in cycling, 20 minute time trial in running, and a 400 and 100 for time in swimming. These assessments are repeated periodically in your program
- Feedback and Communication
- On-Line SupportUnlimited opportunity to ask questions about your training and performance
- Access to Recorded Group Video Coaching Sessions with Matt DixonAsk your questions in advance about training, or any aspect of performance, and Matt will answer directly
- 1:1 Consultations Options with purplepatch CoachesOn an a la carte basis for an additional fee
- Community and Education
- Race CalendarCommunity race calendar so you can record your races and results, as well as connect with purplepatch athletes from around the world
- Access to purplepatch CommunityOur amazing athletes are our lifeblood. Join the family!
- Weekly purplepatch Coaching BulletinEducational bulletin relevant to the week, written by Matt Dixon
- Matt Dixon designed triathlon education curriculumOur education curriculum covers every subject of triathlon performance and is delivered on a weekly basis, over the course of the entire season
- Unlimited access to purplepatch libraryOur ever-growing education library provides a wealth of knowledge on all aspects of triathlon performance with videos, podcasts and written materials